- The Legal Services Law Line of Vermont lists several legal resources available to the public, at http://www.lawlinevt.org/help.html
- The Vermont Bar Association hosts a Lawyer Referral Service
- Active duty service members may wish to go first to Armed Forces Legal Assistance's nice online database to "locate active duty legal activities offering general legal services within the continental United States". A query for the state of Vermont is here; if it doesn't provide a convenient resource you may try some nearby state.
Lawyers Seeking to Provide Assistance
- The Vermont Volunteer Lawyers Project (a cooperative effort of The Vermont Bar Association and Legal Services Law Line) may be the only organized pro bono project in the state of Vermont. Learn more and sign up at http://www.lawlinevt.org/vvlp.html
- You may also consider joining the Vermont Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service
- A word to the wise: there is at this writing nothing under the heading "Vermont" in the ABA's Operation Enduring LAMP Directory for Vermont. A clever person might get some free publicity while doing a good deed.