By taking this pledge, you commit to serve veterans this year in one or more of the following ways:
- Use my legal skills to advise a nonprofit organization that serves veterans
- Mentor those who take pro bono cases that served a veteran
- Teach at a CLE on veterans legal issues
- Volunteer for one of the Call to Duty’s Days of Service or with the WA Vets Will Clinic
- Take a low-fee veteran's case through the WSBA Moderate Means Program
- Take a pro bono case from an organization who serves veterans
- Become certified to take a VA benefits case.
Pledges are automatically added to our “Call to Duty Pledge” list serve. This list serve provides the following announcements and opportunities:
- Monthly “Lunch and Learn” sessions – these webinars will highlight legal and non-legal resource helpful to serving veterans and their families
- Volunteer openings across the state
- Access to free CLEs on issues veterans face
- Pro bono case placement
- Success stories from our members and our veterans
- First to sign-up for the Days of Service.
Members who fulfill the pledge will receive a pin, be distinguished in NWLawyer magazine, and invited to a WSBA Call to Duty awards ceremony each January.