USERRA prohibits an employer from denying any benefit of employment on the basis of an individual’s membership, application for membership, performance of service, application for service, or obligation for service in the uniformed services. USERRA also protects the right of veterans, reservists, National Guard members, and certain other members of the uniformed services to reclaim their civilian employment after being absent due to military service or training.
- USERRA Advisor: http://www.dol.gov/elaws/userra.htm at the Department of Labor
- Text of USERRA Chapter 43 USC : http://www.dol.gov/vets/usc/vpl/usc38.htm (also available at http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode38/usc_sup_01_38_10_III_20_43.html )
- USERRA Links http://esgr.org/userrathelaw.asp hosted by Employer Support of the Guard and Reserves: http://www.esgr.org/
- USERRA 101 online course: http://www.nvti.cudenver.edu/userra101
- Office Of Special Counsel on USERRA: http://www.osc.gov/userra.htm
- USERRA overview at military.com: http://www.military.com/benefits/legal-matters/userra/overview
Veterans' Employment & Training Service (VETS):