Advocating for Veterans: The Basics on VA Benefits, Discharge Upgrades and Veteran Cultural Competency
November 10, 2014 9:00 AM Pacific
Webcast - Register Now!
Also presented in-person in San Francisco.
There are over 21 million veterans in the U.S; many of them are not aware of the benefits to which they are entitled. Medical and financial assistance are available to men and women who have served in the military, but some who can qualify are not receiving the benefits that they need. Attorneys can assist veterans with the problems that preclude them from receiving benefits, such as:
- Lack of proper paper trails to “service-connect” their injuries
- Ineligibility for benefits for those given less than fully honorable discharges for behaviors that were related to post traumatic stress disorder or minor disciplinary infractions.
- Becca von Behren ~ Staff Attorney, Swords to Plowshares
- Devin Bissman ~ Equal Justice Works Fellow, Swords to Plowshares
- Michael Blecker ~ Executive Director, Swords to Plowshares
- Starlyn Lara ~ Women Veteran Program Manager, Community Educator and Outreach Program Manager, Swords to Plowshares
- Nicole M. Perez ~ Staff Attorney, Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
- Kate Richardson ~ Staff Attorney/Pro Bono Coordinator, Swords to Plowshares
- Theresa Mesa ~ Program Developer, Office of Legal Services, The State Bar of California
- Teresa Panepinto ~ Legal Director, Swords to Plowshares
- Program Attorney: Christina Thompson ~ Program Attorney, Practising Law Institute
Practising Law Institute
More Information And Registration
|Free CLE Right In Your Web Browser!|
Every week, 4freeCLE brings you dozens of opportunities to earn Continuing Legal Education credits without paying dime!
- Webcasts: Bring CLE to your home or office
- On-Demand Recordings: Let you learn what you need when you need it
- In-Person: Traditional classroom settings give you the maximum opportunity for interaction and networking.
4freeCLE is and always will be free. Subscribe Now!